There was a time when the only thing you worried about when your kid went to school was whether they were doing well and if they were making friends. That was a long time ago.
It started with Columbine and the most recent, Sandy Hook, has put parents on edge. They want to know their children are safe when they are at school. So what measures are being taken for New Security Measures For Schools?
Recently, SARGENT Manufacturing has revealed a series of access control locks meant to secure the classroom called the Profile Series v.G1.5. This series has a lock for whatever amount of security the school deems it needs. Typical scenarios may include:
- Door remains locked throughout the day
- Door remains unlocked EXCEPT in an emergency situation
- Access control locks that require credentials to enter the room
- Door locks are controlled by a central location
There are a number of features in the v.G1.5 that benefits the school. The series can support up to 2,000 users and track their movements if needed. Even in a big school, all the staff can be accounted for. For the most part, the lock operates with a prox card, but you can also choose to have a keypad installed for additional security. If there are guests in the school, the locks can be programmed to allow temporary users.
Another thing the V.G1.5 Series comes with is an RF FOB. This FOB will remotely lock and unlock the doors. If set at panic mode, and used within 75 ft of the lock, it will go into lockdown. This means that any credentials other than the master credential will stop working. No one can get in and no one can get out.
vG1.5 Series Features
- Supports 2,000 users
- Provides 2,000 event audit trail
- Credential support:
- HID 125 kHz prox card
- RF fob
- Available with keypad for dual factor authentication
- Programmable via keypad, data transfer device (DTD), or PDA
- Available with key override
- Supports multiple types of users, such as extended, temporary, or supervisory
- Available in mortise lock, cylindrical lock, or exit device configurations
- SoloPlus Access Control Management Software
- Microsoft Windows based operating system (XP or later) or Windows Server (2003, 2008)
- VGA monitor
- CD Rom drive
- Instruction manual (included)
- Data Transfer Device or PDA
Ask Us About It
There is no such thing as too safe for your children and S.O.S. Locksmith understands that. It’s why we are always up to date with the latest technology in the security field. If you are a New York City school considering getting locks installed, give us a call. Our specialists can answer any questions you have and find the right lock for your specific situation. We will help you install it and we will teach you how to use it. Let us help you protect the youth of NYC.
For more information, check out this video: